Stage 2 has three parts which we will be working on over the next year:
- Finish the inside of the Gompa
- Build a toilet and shower block
- Finish around the outside of the Gompa
1. Finish the inside of the Gompa
- Wall framing and panels
- Install insulation in the walls and roof
- Electrical wiring installation
- Lighting and electrical plugs
- Paint the walls
- Put up the plywood ceiling
We want to have this finished before Lama Ole comes in February 2017 to inaugurate the Gompa.
See the photo gallery of how this work is going > Sangha rocks!
2. Build a toilet and shower block – see the separate blog post on this.
3. Finish around the outside of the Gompa
For council sign off we also need to put in disabled parking and we will also put in some retaining walls and paths around the gompa.
Further down the track
We have lots more we want to to after stage 2 such as polishing the concrete floor, getting carpets, mats and cushions for meditation, building an altar, landscaping around the Gompa – that’s just the start. Stay tuned …
- What is stage 1?
- Can the Sangha help with the building of the Gompa?
- Our new toilet and shower block